Search This Blog

Mar 16, 2011

What's Wrong With Television: Part 1

In this new bit I'm starting I will discuss issues and opinions on television networks that I feel strongly about. The first one, MTV.

This main offender has the audacity to call themselves Music Television. What a misleading lie that is. Their biggest (and only shows) are reality based programs such as Skins, Jersey Shore, The Hills, and 16 and Pregnant. All of these programs promote bad behavior and annoying protagonists. The really devastating portion is that people don't have a problem with it. They eat this s**t up and tune in regularly, giving these talentless oafs careers. I remember the whole speech about having to work hard for something that every toddler receives in first grade, and how success and fortune would not just wind up in your lap. Guess they were wrong. I might be interested if you gave them challenges, such as write your name without using spell check. 10 bucks says Snooki would use three o's in her name.  My point is that we as a society are encouraging bad behavior and trashy people and turning them into role models and celebrities. When this network puts America's Best Dance Crew, or hey maybe some actual music, back on the air I might watch it. Until then I shake my head in its general direction. It should really be RTV (reality tv), or STV (stupid tv) or UTV (ughh!!!!!! tv). Back to Comedy Central for me.
Sincerely,
Captain Obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment