Search This Blog

May 7, 2011

Top 20 Superhero Movies That Need To Be Made

20. Martian Manhunter - This green hero, one of DC Comics many, hasn't had much going for him in any medium. I only heard of him because of his 10 second cameo on Young Justice, but I'd love to know more
19. Black Bolt - His costume is interesting, as is his name, so I'd be willing to see a movie based on this guy. Based on his name he's got some kind of lightning tricks up his sleeve, and I LOVE lightning powers.
18. Doctor Strange - Sounds like a talented magician of some kind but also an original and fresh take on the superhero genre. Not just some big brute with fists or webs, but a Ph.D.
17. Spectre - Cool name. Makes me think of Inspector Gadget for some reason, but the images I've seen of this guy are really cool.
16. Cyborg - For anyone who watched Teen Titans this robo-man was the most interesting. Though the more I think about it he seems like Will Smith from iRobot. But he'd be cooler than that and more robotic.
15. Yellowjacket - One of the many unnoticed heroes with size-changing abilities, but he can only become smaller. This power in general doesn't seem like enough for a whole comic series but if they've done it I think a two-hour movie would be manageable.
14. Red Tornado - I don't know if this thing is a good guy, a bad guy, an in between guy, or what! He's not even human....... I think. His mythology is confusing and Google is all over the place so mostly I'm hoping for a movie to clear this up.
13. Deadpool - He got a small cameo in the Wolverine movie but that was bull. No Ryan Reynolds, someone cooler, and have the legit outfit. Make this anti-hero that uses guns and blades a protagonist like in that ridiculous Catwoman movie.
12. Domino - A female version of Deadpool, but cooler cause she's a she. Like Laura Croft or Samus Aran. Since we've already seen Deadpool I think it'd be smarter to bring a new character into the mix than to try and re-cast a current one.
11. Black Canary - While we're talking about girl power, Black Canary is an awesome option. Bad A** chick in a leather jacket that rides a motorcycle. I like her. Her powers have something to do with sonic screeching. Fun :D
10. Cable - One of the coolest characters from X-Men that has never been mentioned. What's the deal with that? I'll cut you directors some slack since he takes place in an alternate universe or something. Forget about X-men first class and focus on this guy. He's awesome!!!!!!!!!
9. The Punisher ................ Whoops, he already has a movie. I'll get back to you on that one after I've seen it. I'm just too lazy to find another hero for this list. (UPDATE: It was awful)
8. HawkMan (and company) - Hawkman, Hawkwoman, and Hawkgirl should star in this with their wings and maces. Of the automatic heroes you think of, Hawkman is the last one. The bottom of the food chain. By him getting a movie it'd put all the other heroes on their A-game.
7. Flash - How does he not have a movie already? What happened that he got skipped? Flash needs a movie. His lightning bolt logo was stolen by the Tampa bay hockey team and the last time he made an appearance in the cinemas was in Daddy Daycare, so it's time we shine the light on this hero. If for no other reason, than just to try and make a solid red leotard look cool.
6. Hawkeye - One of the archers I really want to see in a movie. If we're lucky we might get to see him in the upcoming Avengers adaption, but he deserves a solid silverscreen showing with himself as the main man.
5. Green Arrow - Another avenging-archer, this one for DC not Marvel. In my mind the original hero with a bow and arrow. Question, why does DC have so many heroes with 'Green' in their name?
4. Moon Knight - This character dresses in all white and runs around with a hood and pole as his weapon. I like him already. All the artwork I've seen for this particular person is amazing, and I really like that he doesn't dress in all black or bright colors. His attire isn't the only thing that makes him stand out and I'd love to see all the other things that this guy could do with CGI and a great cast.
3. Speedy - Also known as Red Arrow, I swear this is the last archer. I picked him over the other 2 archers because of his appearance in Teen Titans and Young Justice. Because of my childhood admiration for the guy he had to come first out of that category.
2. Aquaman - How has he not already received several trilogies and toy deals? Aquaman is a hero that everyone knows, and an entire underwater landscape hasn't been done live action since Jaws, if that counts. It'd be a technical masterpiece that would blow Avatar out of the water. Pun totally intended. Plus I want to know if it's possible to make a scaley skin-tight shirt look even marginally cool.
1. Cloak and Dagger - This duo is less known, but the best way to describe them would be Yin-Yang with superpowers. Dagger is a female that dresses in all white and Cloak is a male in all Black. Cloak has problems controlling his own powers, but by being around the aura of Dagger he is at peace. This duo isn't romantically entangled, they just work together for the greater good of themselves and the world, which I like because it breaks the stereotype. I'm profoundly interested in them, so much so I read their entire Wikipedia page. You should do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment