Search This Blog

Mar 23, 2011

Socks

While they were made for comfort not style, I find them one of the most interesting accessories to use. It's an easy way to learn something about a person too. If a person wheres knee high socks then they are probably a school girl in China. If they wear low-riders they are athletic. If they wear no socks they woke up late or are slaves to fashion. If they wear slides with socks they make bad decisions. If they have colorful socks they have some personality. No boring person wears bright socks. If their socks are mismatched colors then your probably looking at me, being that I am the only person I know of that purposely does that.

Laundry is a necessity, but the most annoying thing about it is trying to find matches to socks. Why is it that no two socks look alike when coming out of the dryer? These are both white, but they are different. Well after 15 years of that crap I smartened up and started matching random socks together. As long as I've got two I don't really care what they look like. I got a set of 6 neon colored socks originally, and they were my favorite socks. Not that I had ever had a favorite pair before, but I really liked wearing them. Problem. The two orange never came out of the wash at the same time, the yellow's match was stuck under my dresser, one of the purples had disappeared from the face of the earth, and the green one got a hole in the bottom. What do you do? Take one of each and mix it together. Simple fix. Then it got some attention and I found it fun to have a little something about me that was different. I got pairs of checkerboards, animal prints, and rainbow socks. Now all I have is mismatched colorful toe-warmers. I like it that way.

Anyway it's my feet's fashion. They demand to be dressed up like the rest of me, not just forced to wear white every single day of their lives as if they were visiting the chapel. My feet don't need to be cloaked in white as if the were the holiest of creations to walk the ground, not to mention that if you do play sports they will become absolutely disgusting very quickly. The colorful ones are conversation starters and just more pleasant to see when you open your drawer. Still working on my sign off line. Tha-th-t-th-thats all folks! (possible copyright problems)
Sincerely,
Captain Obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment