Search This Blog

Dec 31, 2012

2012 In Review

(click on links, they enhance the story)
Well it's been quite a year. We were graced with the song catchier than STD's, enough theatrics to make the circus seem dull, and we proved the Mayans wrong! But all good things must come to an end, and as we say good bye to the year that saw the man named Dong Dong take the gold medal in trampoline we look at the 5 things, in no particular order, that will surely be remembered, if only in this blog post.

1. If you didn't find something good to listen to this year between the releases of Ellie GouldingMumford and Sons, Fun, and the thousands of other amazing releases you obviously chopped off your ears and missed out. But regardless of whether your eardrums were on vacation or in their rightful place you probably didn't miss this one. Or the ensuing dance craze that followed. If you haven't done the dance yourself yet or seen the video you're probably lying, considering it broke 1 billion views on youtube and made it to every stage across the country.

2. We saw the end of one of the greatest kids shows Nickelodeon ever had the fortune of making, iCarly. I myself missed it the day it came out, but the internet told me that majority of the people who witnessed iGoodbye cried like babies. I thought I was stronger than that. I thought it was just a joke and people too attached to entertaining characters. I was mistaken. They handled the last episode so perfectly and every character got to spill their hearts on screen and cause you to spill your tears. Kudos to you iCarly cast and crew. It's been a good 6 seasons. You will be missed.

3. The Olympics happened. If you took time out of watching the swimming and track events you may have caught some of the most entertaining unknown and uncared about sports like ArcheryField HockeyHandballSkeet Shooting, and my personal favorite, Speed Walking. If that last one can be an olympic sport then I seriously need to talk to somebody about other sports that should have gone first, but that's a blog post for a different day.

4. Super hero movies became popular enough to make more money than our government and had two releases that will surely become classics in their own right. Whether it was the explosive ending to Christopher Nolan's dark trilogy, or the fun for all action packed Super Hero Super Team-Up, capes and tights aren't just for nerds anymore. Also in the world of movies, my second favorite president got to shine in 2, count them, two! Movies about his life. And on top of that Pixar made the case for animated movies yet again, this time with some back up from one of the best movie ideas ever conceived.

5. *insert your own here* Just to avoid controversy, you all add your own 5th thing here. That way no one can say I didn't have their favorite thing in my list. Sure that's a cop out, but my battery is dying. I'm sure I could talk about the amazing releases in video gamesdead celebritiespolitics. But I don't want to. I'll leave this time up to you to reflect.

2012 may have been a bust for you, or it may have been the best thing ever. I lean towards the latter personally. But I'm an optimist, and I see the glass half full even when it's empty. Either way, I wish you all the very best for the coming year. May the force be with you, may you lead good lives, and don't eat the yellow snow.
Captain, AWAY!!!!!!
And Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment