Search This Blog

Jan 21, 2012

Capes

I see capes as a fashion trend in a lot of superhero wardrobes, and I find myself wondering, why? They don't look that comfy, they can't possibly be that useful, and they tend to look less aerodynamic. My favorite example of this was displayed in the Pixar movie, The Incredibles, when the costume designer is explaining problems with Capes. The scene is below for your viewing pleasure. I'm getting pretty fancy, eh? adding links and such.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ndaZSKa8
Anyway, the only other appearance of capes is on old school vampires and villains. Dracula and the Count from Sesame Street have been rocking it for years, and watch just about any Disney movie to see a lurker in a cape like get-up trying to stab the hero and steal a princess. Just saying. As for me, I guess I can't talk because I'm wearing a cape in my profile picture. Anyway, until next time.
Your Welcome,
Captain Obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment