Search This Blog

Jan 3, 2012

Tetris

The simple formula of keeping blocks from stacking too high is as addicting as hard core drugs, maybe more so. It's not like you can beat the game, only keep working on a better score and getting to a higher level. I can play for over an hour straight without any regrets and still want to play more. As the blocks speed up and become harder to manage your mind kicks into overdrive and your fingers move as fast as lighting. One slip up and your back to level 1. I've had periods where I actually started playing Tetris in my mind. That can't be healthy. My strategy usually relies on getting some of those long pointy rods to fill in the sides, and when they are sparse my score suffers. I hate those zig zaggy ones that look like z's, you know the ones I'm talking about, because they throw off everything! Big red blocks are tough to work with too when you don't have a flat space to put them. I really like the L shaped ones for whatever reason. But, alas, all this talk fills me with a strange need to play a match. Later.

(If you want to play one too, this is the site I always use http://www.tetrislive.com/)
Your Welcome,
Captain Obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment