Search This Blog

Feb 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines day readers. Now I've been lazy recently with my blog, but I'm back and hoping to start my daily updates again. It seemed like a good idea to talk about Valentines Day, then it seemed like a horrible idea, but I'm doing it anyway. The basis of the day is that it's a day for love, lovers, and all mushy things of that nature. I guess it's a nice idea at heart (ha, get it heart?) but it's really only fun if you've got a significant other to share the day with. If not you get to watch everyone who does walk around with the larger than life stuffed bears, the fancy chocolate assortments, and the bouquet of flowers. It's disgusting.

On the reverse of it, it is a nice day to celebrate with friends. For instance, my friend and I went to Chick-fil-a. Whatever you want to do, go for it. Make an excuse to make it a great day. If you keep a good attitude about it than it's not such a bummer. You can give out jelly beans, hershey kisses, asparagus, whatever. Just let your friends now that you are thankful to have them in your life, and that you care.

For some people it's not a fun day. I'm not saying I need someone to celebrate the day with, but it is annoying to watch everyone else skipping down the halls hand and hand with sparkles in their eyes. I get that for some people it is a depressing day that you just want to pass over on the calender. For you I have a fun idea. My new tradition is to make a Valentines Day playlist on my iPod and fill it with the most depressing, saddening songs that I know. It makes me laugh every time. If you need a good way to vent out all that bottled up anger at red hearts and corny cards that's a pretty good outlet for you to use.

At the end of the day the pink banners are taken down, the crappy candy is consumed or tossed in the trash, and the lovers retreat to their dwellings. It passes by much the same as it does every other year. The only difference now is that you have Captain Obvious here to give you an opinion on it. So if you can muster the energy to do so, enjoy Valentines Day. If it's out of the question than go pelt couples with a carton of eggs as they walk out of that fancy French cuisine restaurant that they are all congregating at. However you want to play it, go for it. After all it only comes once a year. Thank God.

- Sincerely
Captain Obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment