Search This Blog

Feb 16, 2011

Sleeping

Sleeping is beautiful after a long day. A pillow, blankets, a bed, and complete inactiveness for the next approximate 8 hours. Sounds awesome right now. But there are also those days where you really want to get things done, or really need to, and sleep seems like an unnecessary distraction. This is a public service announcement that you NEED to sleep! So if you don't finish something today that you might have needed to, it's really okay. You can do it tomorrow, but not if you die of sleep deprivation today! Get well rested or your going to feel like garbage tomorrow. I've never been drunk, but I imagine that it's a lot like staying up too late. You know right around 2:00 am when everything is hilarious, you can't walk right, and you start hallucinating? That's your body telling you it's time to shut down. The next day your hit with a hangover of sorts and you can't get out of bed until after noon.

I used to stay up really late whenever I could. I still like to on weekends some times. Being up at around 1 or 2 when the world has hit an off switch feels pretty cool. One of my favorite rituals is recording G4 specials and watching them after everyone else has gone to bed with a glass of Lemonade, Sweet Tea, or Fruit Punch for refreshment. Why? I don't know, it's just exciting for me. But other than that I did the math, and staying up until 3 only to get up at 12 the next day is counter productive when it comes to the theory of squeezing more out of your day. Instead, when my eyelids are fluttering shut and it becomes hard to tell the difference between a couch and the floor, I call it a day and get myself all geared up for the next one. Most of the time. Other times I find myself passed out on the couch while watching episodes of "Cupcake Wars" or "Unwrapped" on the Food Network. You win some, you loose some. Sweet dreams everyone.

- Sincerely
Captain Obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment