Search This Blog

Jan 25, 2011

Deep Thoughts: Part 1

Some of the sayings we use don't make any sense at all while others contain a truth that is hard to describe. Sometimes when I'm pretending I know what I'm talking about I come up with some catchy little sayings that actually sound like a guru could have endorsed them. It makes me feel like Oprah without the fame and fortune. Here are a few of my deeply thought-provoking statements. 

1. Someone who says they "go with the flow" is really just lost in the current.

2. When you are depressed you become a mime, and you slowly build all these invisible walls around yourself that suffocate you. It can take a lifetime of depression to realize those walls you constricted yourself within were never there.

3. Time is money, which means it amounts to very little in the long run but should still be spent well.

4. Standing still is impossible since the world is always turning. Change will always come.

5. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck had a hatchet?

I should be a motivational speaker! I hope these sayings had some kind of impact on you. Feel free to critique them or come up with some of your own. Until next time, drink lots of milk, bathe on a regular schedule, and avoid traveling salesmen.

- Sincerely
Captain Obvious

2 comments:

  1. Please come spread your knowledge on my ESL students! Some other thoughts to ponder:

    - How does one "stir up" trouble?
    - Why is "dressed up" so much different than being just "dressed"

    hmmmm....

    Love your posts Captain Obvious! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you emily! its means a lot to have a fan from someone i admire so much :)

    ReplyDelete